Zeta has released a new version of their front brake rotor guard, and it is now available for the Honda CRF250L. These new "Pro Model" plastic protectors are available in White or Black plastic, and cover the front brake rotor as well as the caliper. You can also get the standard model (doesn't cover caliper) in Black Plastic or Carbon Fiber.
Not only does a performance exhaust system increase your bikes performance, and make it sound much better, but it's also one of the best ways to drop a little bit of weight off your bike. Stock exhaust systems are notoriously heavy, and the CRF250L is no different... the complete stock exhaust system for these bikes weighs in at a portly 16.62 lbs.
Over the weekend I decided to weigh a few of the complete exhaust systems for the CRF250L and the weight savings are pretty significant...
CRF250L Yoshimura RS-4 Full System...
• CRF250L Yoshimura RS-4 Muffler w/ Heat Shield: 7.80 lbs
• CRF250L Yoshimura RS-4 Header: 1.46 lbs
• CRF250L Yoshimura RS-4 FULL SYSTEM: 9.26 lbs
• TOTAL WEIGHT SAVINGS VS. STOCK: 7.36 lbs
CRF250L Big Gun EVO R Full System...
• CRF250L Big Gun EVO R Muffler: 5.54 lbs
• CRF250L Big Gun EVO R Header w/ Heat Shield: 2.36 lbs
• CRF250L Big Gun EVO R FULL SYSTEM: 7.90 lbs
• TOTAL WEIGHT SAVINGS VS. STOCK: 8.72 lbs
The non-folding stock shift lever on the CRF250L can be easily damaged in a crash, and could even damage your engine case. A popular mod is to swap it out for one with a folding tip. Forged from 6061 aluminum, this shift lever has a folding tip that can help prevent damage to the shift lever itself and the engine case. The black w/ red color combination also looks great on the bike.
Many dual sport bikes come from the factory with a speedometer that is off by a considerable amount. Additionally, if you change your bikes gearing, it will throw off the speedometer (and odometer) even more.
12oClockLabs offers a cost-effective solution called the SpeedoDRD. It's a very simple plug-in installation on the CRF250L using factory OEM connectors. Standard features of the SpeedoDRD include...
• Simple plug-in installation using factory OEM connectors
• Easier to setup than any other device on the market
• The smallest electronic speedometer/odometer calibration device
• Saves max speed, which can be recalled to your speedometer
• Built in testing mode to ensure proper installation
• Weather proof design to protect against the elements
• 18" wiring harness (1.5ft)
• 3 year product replacement warranty
• Made in the USA
Shown above is my 2013 Honda CRF250L project bike with its current luggage/bag setup, which includes a Wolfman Enduro Tank Bag, a Wolfman Enduro Carry All Number Plate Bag, and a Wolfman Peak Tail Bag mounted to a Pro Moto Billet Cargo Rack.